I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Monday 29 March 2010

Less than 4 weeks and counting

We're definitely into the home straight now, in terms of the training.

I've received the race pack from Virgin, which has got lots to read.  It talks about all the aspects of the race from a runners and spectators perspective, and is a good read.

I had a minor setback yesterday, which required a trip to the doctors this morning.  I've been suffering a bit from blistering and one of my toes was infected (don't worry, no pictures will be shown!).  Anyway, the doctor recommended some cream (not on prescription) so I hope that it will work.  I don't feel I've had a huge amount of luck up until now....my body certainly hasn't particularly enjoyed the training.  As I've blogged previously, I was in A&E on New Years Eve with an infection that didn't clear up until the middle of January, have had recurring knee issues that had me out of serious training in the crucial February month and now this issue with my foot.  I'm still looking forward to getting the event completed, but it hasn't been easy getting this far.  In fairness, no one ever did say that it would be easy though!  I just hope I get to the start line injury and illness free.  Fingers crossed.

Just looked on RunSaturday and I've ran 130 miles in the last 30 days.  Wow...that's alot for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment