I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Saturday 6 March 2010

Another first for me

I ran 18 miles today and it felt really good!  For some reason, everything seemed to come together today:
  • The weather was good.  Not too hot and not too cold and also it wasn't raining.
  • I was feeling up for the run.  I'd eaten well during the week, as well as consciously drinking plenty of water.  Also, I had a good nights sleep which always helps.
  • On the run my knees were fine, which was a great help too.
My pace was up slightly compared to the last long run on Tuesday as well, which is also good.  After the run, I felt I could have carried on longer, which I always find encouraging as I like finishing a session feeling positive.  I did suffer a couple of times with some cramp in my thighs and today decided to stop and stretch them about abit, whilst taking on water and/or a gel.

I'm not sure what my strategy is going to be for the rest of March and into early April.  I do plan to get another one or two long runs in if I can, hopefully taken it up to around 20 miles if possible.  I'm not planning on another long run until next weekend though.  So, all in all, a great run.

Also, I have purchased another iPod Shuffle, after my old one unsurprisingly didn't survive after being accidentally being put through a full wash in the machine.  I still find the music motivating.  My current favourite track to run to is Rockstar by Nickelback.  It's another great video that I remember whilst out running and has lots of places in New York in the video.  This screengrab is from the video, but I happen to have a picture similar to this of the outside of the New York Stock Exchange.


 Regarding the fundraising, it's going pretty well as it's currently at just over £1100.  The target is still £1800, but I'm making progress and have a few more people who have said they will sponsor me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment