I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Saturday 27 March 2010

Just over 4 weeks until the big day

It's getting very close now!  I was reading though the London Marathon magazine that Virgin sent out with my race number and I'm getting very excited, but also increasingly nervous.  I'm pleased with my training so I don't think I can do much more.....I just have to try and get around on the day and stay injury free if I can.

Next weekend will probably be my last long run, with a few smaller runs thrown in prior to the big day itself.

I went out for about 8.5 miles yesterday, and another 12 today, which was okay.  There has been quite a constant theme of my knees hurting and today was no exception, but I did what I set out to do, so I'm relatively pleased.

Today and yesterday I went out with in the clothes I'm going to wear on the day, including the NSPCC vest over the running shirt.  There were no issues with rubbing or anything, so I'll get that washed and get my name ironed onto the front and back in preparation!

No comments:

Post a Comment