I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Friday 19 February 2010

Today was a big day with regards to training

I've been struggling with my knee, so today was a big day.  I've been doing a lot of stretching throughout the week and concentrating on leg exercises at the gym for a while.  Those things, together with the decision to run with a knee support and jogging bottoms (both for the first time) meant that there was a fair bit riding on my run out today.  If I'd limped home in pain again, I wouldn't have been a happy man.

I'd set myself a 10-mile target today and I ended up doing nearly 13-miles, which I'm really pleased about!  The time isn't all that relevant (just over 2hrs) but it was just really great to be out on the road and ending the session feeling positive.  I could have easily carried on as well, which is a great feeling.

The knee support felt a little restrictive at first, but after a couple of miles I forgot about it.  I just enjoyed the run, the great Torbay scenery on a clear morning and plodding along listening to my music.  After a couple of not very good sessions, together with a session or two that were aborted due to the icy conditions, I'm feeling good now.  All this on my day off from work, as well....that's dedication!

Since I've been back from India I've done 2 runs and 3 gym sessions, so I'm definitely back in the swing of things now.

No comments:

Post a Comment