I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Sunday 14 February 2010

Some sobering news

A few updates today.

As I mentioned in my previous update, I was in India for a few days and last weekend we went to a particular bar for some Masala Chai.  It turns out that the area was bombed this weekend so it really puts things into perspective and kind of makes you reassess what's important.  My British colleague who is in India at the moment was in the restaurant 3 or 4 hours before the blast, so it's really sobering stuff.  I'm really glad that my British and Indian colleagues are unscathed.

On a lighter note, I've been to the gym this morning (results on RunSaturday) and I'm still suffering from recurring knee problems.  My gym have sports physio/massage sessions, so I may try a session to see if there is anything that can be done to help in terms of stretching or specific exercises.

My best mate from junior school sponsored me today, and it was really great to hear from him.  He mentioned that he Googled my name and saw I was running the Marathon and got in touch through my site.  That's the power of the Internet, combined with having an unusual name!  He doesn't live in the UK anymore, but is over in April time, so we'll see if we can meet up for a few beers and (maybe) a run.  I haven't seen him for at least 10 years, so it really was a blast from the past.  I remember me and him used to be really into Radio Control cars.  I had the Tamiya Hornet and he had the Tamiya Vanessa's Lunchbox.  Great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment