I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Sunday 21 February 2010

6.3 miles today....

...and feeling good.  I felt I was going pretty quickly today, but RunSaturday says it was more or less an average pace for me.  It was the second session with the knee support and jogging bottoms and I suffered no adverse affects with no knee pain on the route, which is great news.  I had been out for a few drinks yesterday, but purposefully took it easy and this morning felt fine to go out for a run.

My mate I've been emailing recently has pointed me towards another website, which looks at IT band stretches using a foam roller.  I will look into this and see how I get on with it.  He suggests:
  • the foam roller will help stretch out the IT band.
  • not using it every day, but maybe every other day or so.
  • it helps to lengthen the IT band, which is an area that a lot of runners suffer with.

No comments:

Post a Comment