I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Saturday 9 January 2010

Not a great start to the new year regarding training....

I'm still raring to go, but it hasn't been a great start to the year for me, training wise.  I spent a reasonable amount of New Years Eve night at the out of hours doctor, getting some tests done as I had picked up an infection.  I was put on some antibiotics, but it's not fully cleared, so I'm due to be getting the results of some follow on tests next week.  The doctor says it's fine to train through it though if I can.  Also, of course, with the ice and snow around, it hasn't been ideal training weather in any case.  To be honest, the infection, together with the fall I had the other week, has knocked my confidence a little bit.  I'm obviously hoping that the results of the follow on tests show that there is nothing serious to worry about.

I'm very conscious that I'm really supposed to be doing concerted road training now, but the conditions aren't right.  I'm hoping things will clear soon so I can get out properly.


Some good news though is that I picked up a new pair of trainers today.  I went for another pair of Brooks, as they seem to suit me.

The picture shows my old and new right trainer.  As can be seen, the wear on the old trainer is quite noticeable in comparison to the new one, but it has been wearing properly, which is a good thing.  Because of this, it seemed sensible to get another pair as they haven't caused me any problems.  I went for a very small jog up and down the road, and I'm pleased with them.

I'll continue using my old pair for the gym, and keep the new pair for road running only.  Abit worried to see that the manufacturers say they are good for between 400 and 600 miles, but I'll see how I get on with them.

Some other good news is that I'm managed to maintain my weight....I'm the same weight now as I was before Christmas, which I'm quite pleased about to be honest!

Of course, the other thing I need to keep the momentum up with is the fund raising.  It's going well (I'm at about £800) and a few people have promised to sponsor me, which is great news.  Thanks again to everyone who has already sponsored me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment