I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Sunday 17 January 2010

Up early for a run out this morning

We actually walked 15 miles yesterday (interspersed with a couple of pub stops, and nice meal at http://www.baybrasserie.co.uk/....!).  RunSaturday has the route we walked.  We were both feeling quite tired when we got home, and pretty much crashed out on the sofa.

I was planning a run today and felt quite lively in the morning, so got out quite early and got a few miles in.  I only did about 6.5 miles at an easy pace, but it was a good run.  The conditions were perfect, and I was out just after sunrise, which is a great time to be out anyway as the roads and pavements are clear on a Sunday.  Most other people who are out at that time are fellow runners, along with dog walkers and people on their way to work.  I'm hoping for other days like today as it makes the training so much easier!

Fund raising is up to 50% of the required total, which is great.  My wife and I recently got our Wills drawn up as part of the Will Aid scheme.  The organisers of the scheme allowed us to donate the recommended money to my JustGiving page, which is what we've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment