I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Friday 22 January 2010

Below 20% fat

I have a set of scales that also measures body fat, and I was below 20% today for the first time in about 2 years, which I'm really pleased about.  These minor milestones are really motivating, and it helps to think of these things as opposed to only concentrating on the miles I have to do.  If I stop and think about the training I have to do, I still sometimes find it quite daunting, although I'm pleased with my progress so far.

I'm looking into the gels that you can have whilst running.  On my last 13-miler, I was pretty tired afterwards, but pleased with the run.  I did "hit the wall" a little bit, so need to look at fuelling whilst running a little bit more.  There are products that you can buy for before and after a race/training session, but to be honest I'm quite happy with my diet in general.  I think something during the run may be helpful though, as I currently just drink water.

No comments:

Post a Comment