I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Wednesday 13 January 2010

First run out of the new year

Well, all the snow and ice has cleared where I am, so I did a 30-min run this lunchtime, using my new trainers.  It was really good to get out.  The route I did isn't that inspiring, but still, it's better than nothing.

I mentioned in my last post that my weight has remained the same as it was before Xmas, which is great.  Unfortuantely though, my fitness seems to have dropped with the enforced lay off.  I was feeling quite tired after the run.  Also, looking at runsaturday.com, my average heart rate has gone up a bit compared with similar length runs on a similar route, although my overall speed was slightly quicker.

I purposefully only did a relatively short run as I wanted to see what the trainers were like, and I don't seem to have had any problems, which is great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment