I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Monday 18 January 2010

8.5 miles after work today

Went out after work today and got 8.5 miles in, which was good.

I'm a member of the Virgin London Marathon Face Book Group which is very active with nearly 7000 members.  I've been looking into food for before, during and after a (long) run and a recommendation from that group is the Go Faster Food book, which I'm going to order.  The reason I'm looking into this is that the event itself is obviously in the morning, and I'll have to make a reasonably early start.  Food needs to have been digested properly to avoid problems, so I'm looking for advice in this area.  Also, I just want to make sure that I'm well fuelled for the event and long runs, as it is an important (but obvioiusly not the only) factor in trying to not "hit the wall".

No comments:

Post a Comment