I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Saturday 30 January 2010

Really annoyed(!!!) plus a quick summary of some of my running music

I was watching the weather forecast quite closely yesterday, and it looked like it was going to be perfect running conditions this morning.  I got up at 6.30am to have my breakfast, and was planning on going out at about 8am.  However, it snowed in the night, so that meant running today was unlikely.  I did actually drive to the coast, thinking the conditions may be better there, but I literally ran 100m or so and realised it wasn't worth the risk.  It's really frustrating as I was actually looking forward to the run this morning.   Other than the ice/snow, the conditions were perfect, if a little cold.

I do know that a lot of runners do go out in icy conditions, and I don't know how they do it to be honest.  I was slipping all over the place today, and just knew I could easily fall over and potentially injure myself.  Mind you, I am one of those people who, when standing on top of a chair, the chair starts moving as I'm overcorrecting myself all the time!  Maybe my aversion to running in the ice is related?

I'm going to try and go out tomorrow, but I was hoping to watch the Murray Vs Federer at the Australian Open which starts at 8.30am, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.  To be honest, I don't actually like Murray at all, and I'll be supporting Federer.  As I was up and about this morning in the car, I did all the usual bits and pieces this morning that I usually do on a Sunday morning, so I'll see what I feel like tomorrow.  Today, I'll just get a long walk in instead I think, so at least I can say I've done something.

By the way, my current favourite track to run to is "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys.  I've been lucky enough to go to New York with some friends, and the words are fantastic and also really inspiring to run to (just noticed this has got 20m views on YouTube!).  Alicia Keys does her own version as well, which is great, but the Jay-Z version is better in my opinion.  "99 Problems" is pretty good to run to as well, also by Jay-Z, although the lyrics may not be to everyones taste, hence me not linking to it here!!

I've noticed in the past that although I'm really into music when out running, I often really remember the video of my favourite songs.  Two of my favourite songs and videos are below, which are both great to run to:
- Go with the Flow, by QOTSA, which is probably my favourite video/song combination of all time (although this YouTube clip isn't great quality).
- Four Kicks, by Kings of Leon.  I've never seen this band live, but I've been told that when they play this song at their gigs, the venue just erupts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm up early in Arizona reading your blogs. Very inspiring and interesting. Keep up the good work and thanks for posting.

    Phoenix, Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot for the comment - it's most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete