I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Friday 23 April 2010

Excited....nervous.....excited......nervous.....

This is normal, right?


I'm looking forward to getting to the start line now and the excitement is really growing.  The BBC marathon adverts are on now and all the forums are buzzing with a mixture of nerves and excitement and I'm really feeling part of something huge!  It's a truly great feeling.


My SiL Steph (she ran the marathon last year) is away travelling at the moment and I know she'd be there cheering me on if she was in the country.  She took the trouble of updating her FaceBook profile with a picture of her holding a "Good luck Grade....!" note, which is fantastic and made me chuckle.

Tonight I just have to make sure that I have packed everything that I need.  Then tomorrow, I'm off to London to register at the Excel centre and then trying to chill out and relax in the day and trying to get some sleep tomorrow night.

So that's it really.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled across this by accident - best of luck! I did it in 2007, absolutely loved it. Enjoy the crowds (wave, and they will shout your name!), the music, sharing water with complete strangers (!), and especially the final mile - the atmosphere in that part in particular is great, made me cry :)

    Good luck!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete