I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Thursday 8 April 2010

4.4 miles

A slow 4.4 miler this morning, as I'm on holiday from work.  It was actually quite hard work today because my legs were still feeling it a bit after the 21.5 miler the other day.  Also, on Sunday we walked 16 miles (between pub stops and a curry in the evening....), but I'm glad I went out.

I took it easy yesterday and Tuesday (apart from dropping off 500 or so election leaflets to some properties) as I was getting a bit worried about my back.  I injured my back 3 or 4 years ago and every now and again it feels uncomfortable, so I'm doubly making sure that I'm doing plenty of stretches.  The physio says that runners can suffer with bad backs, as runners can tend to have tight hamstrings, which pull the hips forward, which in turn throws the back out of alignment.  However, today my back had no problems, so all is good.

17 days to go, and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment