I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Just over 8 miles

Ran just over 8 miles today in about 1hr 20 (see RunSaturday.com) and felt pretty good afterwards, which is the main thing.  Quite pleased really, as although I'll never be at a lightening fast pace, I feel I'm making some progress.

I mentioned on my last blog entry that I had a rough schedule in mind.  This is subject to change, but roughly I'm aiming to be able to do the following distances in the timescales mentioned:
  • end of October (8 miles)....done!
  • end of November (13 miles).
  • end of December (13 miles).  If I can still run 13 miles into the New Year I'll be happy....
  • end of January (15 miles).
  • end of February (18 miles).
  • end of March (22 miles).
  • 25th April, race day.
These are only rough milestones and if at any point I feel I can run past the target, I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment