I'm running the London Marathon 2010 for ChildLine

Thursday 24 December 2009

Chin + wall = embarassment

What with the icy conditions and also the fact that we've been away for a few days, there hasn't been much update in terms of running.  I'm desperately trying to stay away from the "See Food" diet, and am planning a run between Xmas and New Year if I can, and then back into it properly in January.  That was always the 'plan', and I'm pleased that I did the long run before Xmas.

I had a bit of an 'incident' yesterday on the icy conditions outside my house.  It was icy, and had rained in the night, so there was black ice on the slope in front of my house, which I didn't see.  I was being carfeul, but I just slid, hit my chin on the wall (requiring an A&E visit) and slid down the path.  I have also bruised my right hip and lower back quite badly, making it uncomfortable to walk.  I'm sure it will be fine though.

I do need a new pair of trainers, so that needs sorting out soon.  I currently have a pair of Brooks, which have been great, but they have a few miles in them now (I've had them 18 months or so) and they won't be suitable for the London Marathon.  I need to get a new pair in January, which I'm planning on being the pair that I use for the event in April.

Really looking to Xmas and New Year, but I know I have a lot to do in terms of upping the training in January.  I'm nervous, but looking forward to it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment